Do You Want Some Free Land? Are You Looking For A Loan? Need Someone To Be Bombed? Or Maybe A Not Censored Forum? Well... Try GooGle Search! (LOL)
Google
Let's WON MyMiniCity Grow!!!

Friday 23 May 2008

How To Build A Map In A Snap And Other Obscenities

First of all: that you believe or not, I am not against anyone, nor i have been in the game. Sure, I sometimes went pissed off with this or that player, like anyone else. But nothing that could not be managed via the game board.
I was recently accused to point my finger toward a group of people, without having any proof or at least with the aim to make dirty reputation to this or that player, or maybe to have an advantage from this in the game itself.

So i'll try now to tell you a story.

I will provide pics and videos, and try to explain what is running in Netro. Then I'll try to expose my reasons. Make your own idea, trying to start from this point: once again, I am pissed off, but not for my comps destiny, or my game goals.

It has been months that i am investingating netro maps.
Game is a bit stagnant, and even before last minireset, it did not take that much time to look after my lands.
So I started looking at those places that seemed to have more matters.
What I have seen for months, I will try and resume with the most recent events, happened in Olympus.
How you can see even now, that map it is more than half ruined/empty.
Yesterday, I noticed that heavy bombing was running in there, and above all i noticed a message on my mapviewer:








So i logged into a comp I have access to in there, to follow things.

There was a long fight, but bombers were more persistant than current landholders, so the map went 100% deros as shown in the following picture.









I went out to lunch, and when i was back, after 30 minutes, most of the map had been reclaimed, with 3-4 comps building Hot Dog Stands.
"Damn, they're fast", I thought, so i decided to have a closer look.
The following video (it's really poor, and map was really really slow - I can guarantee I am really at least triple faster in loading pages) shows you what was happening: there were 3 comps building hotdogs at the same time. Hot dogs were built row by row on 7x7 square basis: two comps always left to right, the third from right to left. Each plot was built one by one.



Again, I am aware of the bad quality of the video, and how partial can be what it represents... it was impossible to do a better job, so take it as it is, a partial view of a more complex situation.

A couple of personal considerations: any experienced player, having to reclaim bombed lands fast, would not build one plot by one, expecially concidering they were not buildin properly. And we were in a height, so do not tell me they're newbies. Anyone else, would build 10 plots at a time.
Second fact: it is just odd that one player uses that technique, but having three players doing the same thing at the meantime, it not doubious, it's 100% a script.

Ok, let's go on.
Map was rebuilt the way i said, and comps went briefly offline.
I decided to grab a coffee, and when i was back, the 3 comps were back online. I zoomed in the map in various sectors, and what i saw is that they were changing all the hotdogs into proper building.
It was done again in the same way: always in the same direction (left to right), always in 7x7 blocks.
Suddenly, one of the bombers came back online, they had to stop, and the map was massively bombed again.
So i took a look at the way he bombed, above all becouse i knew that comp: i bombed it years ago in Manchester to help Ashley.
For what I could see, the bomber was working the right way: 7x7 blocks, left to right then right to left for alternate rows, sometimes top bottom other times bottom up... in few words, it was 99,9% working manually (for what you can witness looking from outside).
He did a nice job, it took him one hour to wipe the map again.
While he/she was bombing, I went to action a comp in Valhalla, and i found out that there were 40 new comps. Few of them had thrown a few cherries, a friend had helped, so I took back my lands, sorted what had to be sorted, and looked to the sky 'couse i understood that this was related to Olympus... even becouse all comps, both in Oly and in Valhalla, belong to the same player/ group of players.

I left the game in the late afternoon, went home, dealt with daughters, ate some food, washed dishes, then i logged back into the game to find out the same scenery i had seen in the early afternoon: landholders in Olympus were building again hotdogs in the same way they had done in the afternoon.
They had done half of the map when some new bombers came online and started wiping them again!
After a few minutes, i had the idea to take a look in Valhalla and....
There were some of the new comps online, prolly actioning, but not using one of my plot...
So I asked a friend to give a look at Midget's comp events and....
They were fireouting an undeveloped plot (that's the first cheat).
My friend had the idea to take it over, and change to a HTC.
Next serie of pics shows you what went on.








Click >>>>>>HERE<<<<<< to enlarge


Now.
Olympus is still ruined with plenty of free lands.
This would never have been happened in the good old times: lands would have been grabbed by many many people trying to get their little piece of Heaven, and there would have been war for weeks.
Ok, the place is a rathole and so easy to bomb that many of us do not have the courage to face a daily cheap bombing, but it is still clear that this is not the only reason.
Let's be honest: why shoud anyone go to try and grab lands that are managed by poor people blatantly scripting without any self and others' respect?

What pisses me off, is that in this low Era of the game, with no competition at all, or very few, there'd be "no need" to use scripts!
And even if a script is a script and there's no real excuse for those who use them, i can still "justify" and try to understand if it was used in a particularly critical situation, with boss at work stressing you with less important things than your lands, or your lover who wants more when you ran out of condoms.

I hope you can believe me: that's a set of scripts, the same witnessed in so many places and exposed in my previous posts, used by the same people who come here and anonimously posts ridiculous comments about me scripting. Or that writes silly speeches in temples, trying to offend me (their italian is as low as their moral...)
To those I want to say few things: I will go on denouncing your activities, and trying to make your life not so easy at least until I will love this game the way I love it now. I will do this here, on MY blog, where I post and share MY ideas, with MY name signing each and every post.
I wonder how poor people you are, blatantly cheating and scripting in a game. Supposing you will succeed in making all players leave (won't be easy, the microcosm experiment was successful, after all...), what will you do when your wonderful tools will let you manage all Netro?

To those who have the gentlness to read my bad english: I know that we should only speak about how great is the game, trying to make it look unique as it is. But enough is enough.
My denounce has no different aim than to fight the plague. Removed it, the game will be cured.

A prayer to the reps and above all to Tiscali and Alex: I know it seems that it does not worth a single penny, but I know it would not take so much time and effort to implement a serious anti-scripting policy.
With this, you could discover the gold mine in the game and its honest players (there're so many out there...)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do people not renovate / clean a single plot at a time.

Why is it so difficult for you to concieve/comprehend, that some may prefer building one plot at a time?

Your way is not the only way to play the game.

FLF said...

people open several tabs and renovate/clean one plot at a time.
Same they do when they build, expecially when building the same stuff (i.e. hot dogs).
Three people playing the same way at the meantime (but i saw 10 or even more in cities)... pfffffff, i do comprehend exactly what went on... you can fool muppets, not me. U're welcome, however

Anonymous said...

You forgot - SOME people open several tabs, others play in single tabbed browsers.

You're just sounding like a whinner in this post.

Rather than accepting the fact that both possibilities, could in equal sense be true.

It could be a script, and could also not be a script. You can't say one is 100% a script for one and then claim the other is 99.9% manual, when both look like scripting and could equally be manual.

If it is scripting they will be dealt with by the games team.

Now stop your whining please.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anon,

You are a muppet.

The majority of people do not build 1 prop at a time when they are rebuilding a map. Pretty much what franco said.

Oh, and grow some balls and use your name.

love n hugs

DDogs.

FLF said...

@anon: My blog, I decide when to stop what.
So be sure, i'll go on reporting.
Said this, obviously you think that some people love to level up putting out fires on a undeveloped and - oh, great, now it's a HTC, let's do on it!

Anonymous said...

Its called a refresh button.

Anonymous said...

If it were a refresh button, who performs that action would see he is working on a HTC quite immediately, or at least he'd be forced to see when the am code changes (every 6 minutes). He would not go on on several comps for several minutes. Try and fool muppets, not me :)

~Q~

Anonymous said...

Hi Very funny post...

Anonymous said...

Hello I do not agree ...